Past Panama City talk show host is facsinated with the Kramer

A blog written by the precious one.
Kramer

Past Panama City talk show host is facsinated with the Kramer

Post by Kramer » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:35 am

I've been all over the Country in radio; been to huge top 10 markets. I've played every game in radio there is. I invented half of them. So to see someone reacting so bitterly towards me, my staff, my radio station and my show - is pretty comical.

To be fair, I don't know so much about Burnie Thompson. I know he used to work at News Talk @ 101, and from what I understand had a very promising future, and he also had a lot of people that really supported him. I don't know the whole story here on him . . . and it doesn't matter because it effects me in no way.

When I first got here, the first day I was on, he started reaching out to the producer who lasted 3 days. I thought that was weird, but maybe the guy is lonely; I don't know. That producer turned out not to be 'the one' :lol: so I let him go. Then we hired Kris with a "K", and the first day he walked in the building, HE told me Burnie Thompson contacted him.

CABLE GUY!

So then I knew something was up.

After that, every day Kris would walk in the studio and tell me what Burnie had sent him on Facebook. One minute he would be inviting us somewhere, and the next minute he would be telling Kris to tell me something about someone on the City counsel, and the next minute he would be slamming the shit out of my show.

So then he started calling trying to get on the show. NAH AHH AH AHHHHHHH BURNIE. You aren't going to get on the show. It's laughable that he even tried to get on the show. I think he wanted to talk about City Counsel, which seems to be his go to. Zzzzzzzzzz. You're a bitter ousted employee, so no you do not get to be on the air. So of course he went on his Facebook page and started talking about how I wasn't brave enough to take his call. Okay, build your own narrative and have fun with it. I really don't care. I have a thousand other things I'm doing and I don't need to defend why I didn't take your widdle cawllll.

So now the guy sends me messages every day through my producer telling me how I should do the show.

The dude has an internet show and is on the air on some station in Pensacola, but he's spending half his day being on the offensive about me. I don't even know the guy.

IT IS WEIRD! He has some fascination, and I guess he can't let go of his past. He has been DYING for me to respond, so I will resond this one time and after this, I will drop it and not comment any futher. I don't need to.

Burnie,

I'm not going to play radio war with you because I don't need to. I can assure you that should I ever need to, I would mop the floor with your pretty boy hair, sir. There is no need for a pissing match.

Having said that, from what I've heard of you, you are extremely talented. You obviously have a real passion for broadcasting, which I respect greatly, especially in this day and age where people shit all over our industry. Please keep that and help keep it alive.

Our philosophies on radio are a bit different, and you need to understand that because my philosophy differs from yours that it doesn't make either one of us wrong or right. We're different. If you can't see that, and can't see that the radio Universe is vast enough for it to contain both ideas, look through a broader lense.

I can tell you from very personal experience that being bitter about a past job, how you felt you were treated, etc. can be crippling. Please pay attention to this. Radio people are fragile, ego-driven people. I GET THAT. So when we get fired, or we get talked down to or we feel we are unwanted, we go into defense mode. We tend to harbor huge resentments, and it takes over our psyche. I HAVE LEARNED after many wasted years of being bitter, to truly TRULY drop it - and move on. If you don't it will consume you and swallow you whole.

You and I aren't far off politically speaking. You are a smart guy. Keep after it. Good luck, and if there is any way I can help you at all, let me know.

Sincerely,

Kramer.

So there is my response to Burnie.

Here is what is on his Facebook page currently:

Kramer

Re: Past Panama City talk show host is facsinated with the Kramer

Post by Kramer » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:37 am

This will not be linked to any of my social media, so if you want to comment, do it here.

lynn

Post by lynn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:00 am

Kramer the men I work with are loving your show and enjoy the fun of your show. I have never heard of Bernie Thompson and I've lived here my entire life. Seems he has trashy followers who obviously cannot understand humor based on their posts on his fb page.

stroke

Post by stroke » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Way to take the classy road, Kramer.